Thursday, September 27, 2012

School Boosterthon!

As many of you know, T's school had their Boosterthon Fun Run today....it is the big fundraiser for the school and raises lots of money for the school every year!  Thanks to all of you who pledged....T has really gotten into the spirit of this event and has loved every minute.  This is him decked out in the gear he "earned" from getting so many pledges.  Sunglasses, a boomerang, a watch...cool dude, huh?

The event set-up...the parents stayed in the middle of the track and the kids, a class at a time, ran through this balloon tunnel and started the race.  And it was a HOT steamy morning!

I tried to circle Taylor in red, lined up with his class.  He, as usual, looks bored.  :)

Here he is running, towards the right side middle of the pic - again, circled in red.  He did a great job and ran the whole time.  And he was SWEATY!

He also kept his finger in his mouth a lot...he has a second super wiggly loose tooth and I think he is working on it falling out sooner than later.  I would not be surprised if the Tooth Fairy has to visit again tonight! 

This is the back of his shirt and how they kept track of how many laps each kid ran.  As they crossed the start line every lap, a teacher would check off the number on his shirt.  Not every kid made it (like I said, it was HOT and the huddle around the water tent increased with every lap) but Taylor DID make it to 35 laps which was the max they were allowed.  He was super proud of himself and I was proud of him too!

Look at this grin - this is how excited he was to finish all the laps!  Good job, kiddo!

4 comments:

The Mendozas said...

Ha ha ha! MB, this was a funny post for you.

My favorite line:

He, as usual, looks bored. :)

Nevertheless, I'm glad T got into the spirit of things.

daddy said...

Very proud of you, Taylor. Congratulations on finishing the laps. Keep up the good work.

Ami said...

Run Taylor Run!

Brenda Joy said...

SO FUN! Wish I was there to watch & join in the fun!