Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Long Lazy Weekend


We had a lovely lazy weekend at home...I love long holiday weekends!  The funniest part of the weekend is shown in the first set of pics below...Taylor and I took Fidel to the neighborhood lake to feed the ducks. Once there, I tied Fidel's leash to a low tree limb so he could not chase the ducks away.  Then I joined Taylor by the lake to toss out some bread.  Before I knew it, I heard a "SNAP!" and Fidel had broken the limb and barreled towards the poor ducks.  In a flash, Taylor was knocked into the water and Fidel was swimming across, chasing the ducks!  I grabbed Taylor, who was fine but soaking wet and we watched Fidel swimming further away.  We were yelling his name to no avail.  Finally, the dumb beast realized he has never swam before and was now in the MIDDLE of a lake!  So he abandoned chase and came back to shore.  Taylor and I both could not stop laughing!  It was just classic and so so funny.  Never a dull moment. :)



We also joined one of our favorite friends for her annual birthday lunch - at CPK just like last year.  YUM!


Saturday night, we had a friend over for the Auburn game....college football season is back, woohoo!  Taylor helped me cut the cheese for the Rotel dip - his favorite!


Sunday was a super lazy day so Taylor set up all his star wars stuff...action figures, Hoth set, Millenium Falcon, X wing fighter and more....then he turned on Empire Strikes Back and acted out each scene in the movie with his toys.  Notice the green hulk hand?  That was Dagobah!  :)  It was one of those moments in childhood that just makes me smile....imagination and innocence all at once.

No comments: