Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Blahs

I hesitated to even post this message bc I know it's gonna come across is "woe is me" but then I decided that not all of my posts can be sunny and light...I mean, this is real life, people! :) So here are my "BLAHS" of the moment:

1. Taylor has a violently-red and angry diaper rash that will not go away! This weekend, he started pooping so much more than normal (for unknown reasons) and then, of course he developed a rash. We gave him lots of diaper-free time to air out his bum and we slathered on lots of ointment too...but nothing has worked and my poor baby just cries and cries when we change his diaper now. Even touching his tender bum with a wipe causes big huge tears - it breaks my heart! One fellow mom has recommended Triple Paste so I am going to buy some at lunch and give it a shot - wish me luck!
2. Taylor has reached the 18-month sleep regression stage apparently. We have been fortunate that Taylor has always been a good sleeper...at 13 weeks, he started regularly sleeping twelve hours at night and has never looked back...that is, until two nights ago when he started waking up at 2 AM and not going back to sleep completely until morning!! He is not always crying either - half the time, he just plays or talks to himself....and when I go check on him, he does not seem to feel bad....or to be suffering from a nightmare...he is just wanting to get out of bed! I do not think so, Mister!! I have read that this stage only lasts a few days to a few weeks and is apparently indicative of a major development threshold...in T's case, probably a vocabulary explosion is near as he is already walking and passed the other major milestone. I'm just saying, if there are too many more sleepless nights for Mommy, this pending vocabulary "explosion" better be SUPER impressive and include quantum physics equations and such!
3. Taylor started coughing and getting nasal congestion yesterday....this always happens about ten days after his last antibiotic dose and we are on schedule so far....next, if he sticks to his pattern, he will be developing an ear infection in the next 3-5 days....oh joy.

Sorry to be such a downer, guys...I know it's all relatively small stuff, but you know, I did not want anyone to think I am "Pollyanna" all the time! :) Plus, I am just TIRED right now...and cranky too, if you wanna believe my husband...

No comments: