- T has kinda moved out of the baseball card phase...and into the Star wars obsession phase! And Superheroes too...still. He really wants to know who is the "bad guy" and the "good guy" in every.single.situation. It's exhausting because sometimes there are no good guys and sometimes there are no bad guys and sometimes people are BOTH. Like most of us. Try explaining that subtlety to a 3-year old. Not easy!
- T also LOVES to "play fight." Like with swords - or bats - or shampoo bottles. Like, he wants to do it all the time. UGH. Mom and Dad are way over this form of entertainment. Though it's pretty funny because he has heard me say "EN GARDE!" so many times that now he says it too except he thinks it's "I'M GUARD!" so he will push out his bat and scream "I'm Guard!" all serious. LOL!
- He has just started playing Pick-Up Sticks with us again and now, he really understands it - and I have to admit, he is quite good!
- T has shown me that he can be a deep thinker...for instance, yesterday he asked me if Boba Fett was good or bad. I said "he is bad." (If anyone knows the Star Wars story, Boba is a bounty hunter, pretty much created by his dad Janga who was also a bounty hunter. So in my book = bad.) But Taylor countered with "But mom, he HAD to be bad because his dad made him that way so maybe he was not REALLY bad." WOW. I was taken aback by that level of analysis from a 3-year old.
- T's best buddy - and total obsession - continues to be Marcus. Even T's teacher told me that she has never seen a bond like these two have at this age. It's interesting for sure...and thankfully, Marcus is a sweet boy.
- T's favorite foods...same ol, same ol. Poptarts, cheez-its, cheese pizza, raspberries, apples, bananas, milkshakes, and baby octopi...I know, gross.
- All in all, he seems to be a happy, well-rounded 3-year old with the occasional defiant streak...I can't complain too much.
Monday, January 24, 2011
Tidbits...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I agree sis- my neph is definitely a deep thinker (maybe he gets some of this from Mom and Dad?) Still can't stomach the baby octopi, but the rest of his faves sound pretty good!
What a precious little man.....can't wait to see him and have so much fun spoiling him!
Boba Fett was merely "misunderstood."
Post a Comment