So T's favorite music genre lately is rock. In fact, every time he gets in the car with me, he requests "a rock song." And the louder the better! Currently, his two favorite rock songs are Soul Asylum's Runaway Train and Poison's Talk Dirty to Me. (For those of you worried about the inappropriate title of that last song for a 3-year old - no worries. It has no blatant language and T thinks they are truly talking about DIRT...as in MUD...as in getting dirty on the playground like kids do.)
But the funniest part is how much T is like Dan in his music appreciation...for instance, for me - I do not know instruments or rhythyms, or chords or even lyrics usually - I just sing it loud and dance it out - with abandon! Sure, I look and sound goofy - I own that. But I enjoy it. Now for Dan, he is more of a serious music connoisseur. He knows chords, and song history, and beats, and lyrics, etc. He was a DJ once upon a time. So it's funny to me now to watch our 3-year old in the backseat with Poison blasting out on the radio. Is he bouncing around, singing along, clapping like his mama? Oh no! He is sitting there, still as can be, straight face, very serious expression....like he is analyzing every note...just like his Daddy. Cracks me up really...
Of course...Taylor has also been known to grab a hairbrush and sing - very loudly - some made-up songs of his own, while jumping on the bed! Maybe he is a little like me too, after all...
Monday, January 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sis- T is a perfect combination of you both!
I'm so glad that you are chronicling Taylor's childhood. How much fun will we all have when he is 18 years old and reading this stuff?
Thanks, MB
Post a Comment