Friday, September 24, 2010

Tender Heart

Last night, we were on sitting on the back porch when Taylor noticed a squashed lovebug on the table. We have had LOTS of lovebugs around the last week so he understands that they find a girlfriend or boyfriend and attach and fly around together. Well, when he saw the smooshed lovebug, he was very concerned. He was real quiet and then asked "can we take her to the doctor?" I said "no sweetie, the doctor does not fix bugs." He then asked, "but can we take her to the vet then?" I said "no the vet works on bigger animals like dogs and birds." He got sad and then asked "but will her boyfriend come back and get her?" I had to tell him no. It was so sad...and so sweet. It warms my heart that my boy is so tender-hearted. I hope he stays that way forever.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Cute story...but why did Taylor assume it was the girl bug laid out on the table????