For Thanksgiving this year, we did our usual tradition of "non-tradition." :) We headed to Longboat Key, about 2 hours west of us on the gulf. We got a small condo right on the water - with an almost desserted beach. Very pretty and quiet! Peaceful.
This was the view from our back patio...Dan and I could sit here and sip wine coffee and watch our munchkin run around the beach. Very convenient!
T and his daddy, watching the sunset on Thanksgiving evening
Star gazing at night on the beach...we tried to sandcrab too just for fun but we never saw any! (I would like to tell you we laid there peacefully and looked at constellations with our kid but I would be lying. Taylor does not like the dark at all these days and that big black "ocean" just 8 feet from our chairs was making him skittish so our star gazing lasted less than 15 minutes!)
T checking out the water with daddy's new binoculars...we saw two families or dolphins swimming about 20 feet from shore!
T enteratined us with some dance/gymnastics moves on the beach.
And he practiced his swimming in the heated pool which was nice.
I actually have more pics but my camera battery just died so I will update more tomorrow! :) All in all, it was a relaxing easy Tgiving and now we are rested and ready for Christmas. Bring on the HOLIDAZE!!!

3 comments:
looks like a nice relaxing Thanksgiving sis!
You know I like the beach - what a great way to celebrate the holiday! Could become a new non-traditional tradition, huh?
WOW! That looks like an amazing holiday!!! I'm spending next Thanksgiving with YOU!
Post a Comment