Monday, November 19, 2012

Girls Weekend!


About six weeks ago, I looked at Dan after a particularly stressful week and said "I really need a weekend."  Being the amazing husband he is, he immediately said "book it!"  So I emailed Ally (my best friend for the past 26 years) and asked if she would be game for a girls weekend in Savannah. She wrote back the next morning and said "HECK YES!"  Her sweet husband got us a great suite on the Riverfront with his hotel reward points and we met there this past weekend.  Savannah is only about 3 1/2 hours from me in orlando and 3 1/2 hours from Ally in Atlanta so it was perfect!  plus it is FUN.  :)

Friday night, we went to a fun jazz and tapas bar for dinner...then outside to listen to some music and have some drinks...the night got a tad crazy after that....

We found this fun club that was playing classic 80s songs like Pat Benatar and Bon Jovi...so we danced...


...and danced some more...we decided, "why by shy?  We knew no one there and we are married mamas who EARNED the right to dance like fools!"  Was that just rationalization fueled by bourbon?  Maybe....but we are sticking to it.  :)

So this next picture, I was tempted to NOT include on the blog but I know Ally would kill me...so here I am in all my glory....riding a mechanical bull at the riverfront country bar called "Saddlebags."  ok, let me just say...it was HARD!  I stayed on that thing for about 8 seconds!  Afterward, the dude said "you have two more tries" and I just looked at him and said "yea, no thanks.  I am good."  (and yes, I had my shoes off - I had to!  You could not walk on the bouncy part with heels.  So gross, I know....but necessary!)  We got back to our hotel about 2:30 AM...it has been a long time since I was up and OUT that late but it was so much fun and worth it!



The next day, after we slept in, we went to this dowtown spa...it was in a historic 19th century home.  We got body scrubs and massages in this room....we got to be together which was great and sometimes funny!  This was definitely not the kind of adventure you can share with just ANY friend.  :)  It was great though and our massage therapists were so so sweet.  It was Ally's first massage and I hope I have her hooked now!  It was super relaxing...and then we went back to the hotel for a nap!!



Saturday night, we went to a fancy dinner at The Olde Pink House - an old antebellum home in historic Savannah.  Gorgous house and the food was great!  A lady came around to the tables and sang any song we requested.  She sang some Etta James for us...she had an amazing voice!

This was the BLT salad we both got for appetizer...it was featured on The Food Network as "the best salad ever" so of course we had to try it!  It was basically fried green tomatoes stacked with thick mapled glazed bacon and drizzed with a thyme and pepper ranch dressing - REALLY good!

On the way back to the hotel that evening, we took a ride in one of the popular Savannah pedicabs! 

Every second of this weekend was what I wanted...what I needed.  There is nothing like time spent with a forever friend...just easy and fun and relaxing.  We laughed a lot, hugged a lot, danced a lot, and talked a lot.  Definitely wanna make this more of a regular tradition!

To my sweet husband...thanks so much for everything!  I love you.

5 comments:

Ami said...

so happy you and Ally got to have a fun, relaxing girls' weekend sis! Looks awesome- and your boys had good bonding time too!

Alex said...

Awwww. I believe Dan is now in the running for Husband of the Year honors . . .

daddy said...

I'm sure y'all had fun and ate well, but the vision on you on that bull is almost more than I can handle ... still laughing!

Glad you got that out of your system and glad y'all had fun.

Brenda Joy said...

That looks like fun! Only you forgot one thing....ME!!! I love the dance moves, and the mechanical bull is on my bucket list, babe! Made me miss you bigger!
XOXO

Ann said...

How awesome!! Looks like you guys had a fabulous time!!