Monday, October 22, 2012

Fun Long Weekend

Taylor had the day off school Friday so Dan and I started our long weekend by a dinner date at The Ravenous Pig, a super popular gastropub in nearby Winter Park.  Definitely a unique menu and a place I will patronize again!  below was our favorite part of the experience....an Old fashioned with maple glazed bacon inside it.  OH MY.  This was THE best cocktail I have ever had.  I kept thinking of my dinner dates with Meemaw and Ginny and Lorraine and how we would all order Old Fashioneds.  They would have loved this one!

This was a picture of the Cheese and Charcuterie Platter we shared.  It was amazing - all sorts of cured meats, some pork belly spread, pickled veggies, cheeses, grain mustard, breads, and chicken liver mousse with cocoa nibs.  We also shared hot gruyere biscuits with smoked sea salt butter, vanilla glazed pork belly with granols and plum preserves and truffle fries.  Finished with a nice port and some cinnamon donut sticks dipped in an espresso chocolate sauce.  Very nice dinner out with my fabulous husband!

Friday, Taylor got a little goofy and put on my wich hat and MY halloween tights.  He looked hilarious and wore them for hours!

Later we made spooky snacks for our Sunday movie date with T's buddies. 

We made Ghost Poop (mini marshmallows and vanilla yogurt covered raisins) and Jack-O-Lantern seeds (cheese puff balls) - a bag for each of his friends for munching on during the movie.

This is us about to head out the door yesterday for the movie, Hotel Transylvania.  I truly committed to the halloween theme of the movie...with my orange and black outfit, striped tights, black wig, pumpkin antennae and skeleton barrette.  :)

T and his buddies in their row....we had seven 5 yr old boys there.  All sweet kiddos and such good friends!  It makes my heart happy to see them together.

We even had a few boys dress up in their halloween costume for the movie which, of course, I loved!

Later, I remembered Taylor was supposed to wear a tie-dye shirt to school today for their Red Ribbon Drug-Free Week.  Today was supposed to symvblize "Peace Out to Drugs."  Well, we had no tie-dye shirts that would fit him so a friend of mine (thank you, Katie!) told me we could make our own tie-dye with permanent markers and rubbing alcohol.  And so we did! 

The finished product!  And yes, Taylor is wearing it to school today!  Crisis averted.  :)


Happy Fall, everyone!  This weather is AMAZING!!!

5 comments:

daddy said...

Wow, MB - The Pig sounds great. I think the Old Fashioned and the bisquits would make a nice snack.

Your costume / movie outfit is hilarious! Glad the boys had fun.

And thanks for the update.

Alex said...

Wow. I'm not sure what was my favorite part of your blog post, the "Cheese and Charcuterie Platter" or your Halloween outfit for Hotel Transylvania.

Cool all the way around.

Ami said...

you crack me up- Love that you dressed up for the movie! and YUM on your dinner at the gastropub with Dan.

Brenda Joy said...

I simply adore you. LOVE your spirit...keeping your memories of loved ones alive...and being YOU!

Ann said...

You guys always do such cool things!!