Saturday we woke up and went to Little League park in our neighborhood to watch three of T's buddies play their T-ball game. I was hoping this would make T finally want to join his own team this winter. We MAY have made a little headway in that regard. Then we went to the local farmer's market for some delicious kettle corn - T's favorite! Then off to a seafood lunch with one of our favorite people! :) Then that afternoon, we went to our first "Blue Party." Basically it is a social gathering of politically like-minded folks...we ate, drank, made Obama banners, and raised some money for the campaign. All in all, a good positive experience for all of us and a reminder to GET INVOLVED!
Yesterday we went to the beach with some friends and spent all day there. It was a perfect 88 degree sunny day...
The boys built a cool castle - all walls covered with shells instead of bricks.
Of course we had to have the obligatory burying in the sand!
Picnic at the beach...cannot beat it!
Jedi battle in the ocean with fun noodle light sabers
just lounging around...
T was really brave in the waves...running out and jumping waves by himself for the first time. He has always wanted me to hold his hand before but not anymore apparently!
Mommy and her boy
And of course we had to stop at Frozen Gold on the way home for some ice cream cones. Perfect beach day....a great way to spend a Sunday.

2 comments:
So I'm wondering who is one of your favorite people. I used to have one of those basket chairs in my room when I was a kid. Envious of the beach trip - it's drizzly and cool here. A "blue" party? ...Bless your heart.
"He has always wanted me to hold his hand before but not anymore apparently!"
Ah, T is growing up. I liked your strategy to get him to try to want to play T-ball. I tried the same thing last spring. In our case, it did not work. I'll keep my fingers it will work out for the Murphrees. It is such a fun game.
Post a Comment