Friday, July 27, 2012

Olympics!

T's school has been learning about the olympics this month so today they had their own torch relay on UCF caqmpus - at the reflection pond. T was chosen as a torch runner for his class and he was the final runner so he lit the real torch. It was super fun! The torch runners were all dressed in togas like our first Olympians in
Greece!

 
This is the sign that greeted everyone on the way into school today - cracked me up!
 

The parade walking over - T and his a fellow torch runner carried a pretend torch

















Arriving at the reflection pond
















T getting the torch hand off from the fourth runner - homestretch from there!
















Bringing the torch for the final lighting - big surprise, my kid did not run! He just mosied along like there were not 100 people watching him!
















Light it up! Let the 2012 Olympics begin!
















Then they released five ballons entwined together into the sky - one balloon for each color of an olympic ring.
















Our little Olympian and his daddy

3 comments:

Ami said...

So awesome sis- love that school, they do such fun things with the kiddos! ANd, I love my nephew- the olympic torch mosier!

The Mendozas said...

Toga! Toga! Toga!

[sorry, I couldn't resist]

Brenda Joy said...

I love his school and how they celebrate all things! And you KNOW I LOVE the toga! Awesome!