Monday, July 9, 2012

Daddy and His Boy


Besides having lunch with a favorite friend and going swimming with some other friends, we hung around the house - worked in the yard and started packing for London (we leave in TWO DAYS!)...but the most photo-worthy moment of the weekend for me was this one of Dan and Taylor cuddled up on the sofa watching the Red Sox play the Yankees. They laid there watching the game, with Taylor asking non-stop questions about baseball, the American League division structure, current team records, etc.  The whole scene touched me because it reminded me of when I was a youngster and I would snuggle next to my own dad on the sofa while he watched football games.  Good memories and I like to see my son making his own with his Daddy.

5 comments:

Brenda Joy said...

awwwww, SO Sweet! Have fun in London!!! XOXO

daddy said...

That's great - Dan is a very patient guy. Things have not gone too well for the Sox this season. Probably need to have T-man focus on the NL ... the Cubs?

Please let me hear from you before leaving for London - cannot beleive it's so close.

I also remember lounging on the couch watching f'ball with "my girls". Good memories.

The Mendozas said...

Yes, that pic does require an "awww." Real nice. But, it's true, watching the Sox is such a sad experience this year. I wish the Murphree boys well in that endeavor.

The Mendozas said...

Yes, that pic does require an "awww." Real nice. But, it's true, watching the Sox is such a sad experience this year. I wish the Murphree boys well in that endeavor.

Lori Cohen said...

This is precious! My heart just smiled :-)