Saturday, October 10, 2009

Things to Remember

"Things to remember" is going to be a new recurring post, I decided...it's a post for random happenings and sayings from Taylor thru his childhood...things I, well, want to remember! Tidbits, if you will:

  • Instead of "love", Taylor says "LUB" and it's the sweetest thing when he says "I lub you, Mommy." I lub it!
  • We have some friends who have a dog named Murphy. Well, the other day when we were discussing T's last name with him he said "My name is Taylor Murphree like the dog!"
  • The other night when Dan was showing Taylor the world map, he jokingly asked Taylor where Brazil is. Taylor knew and pointed right to it! Then he asked where Africa was, and Taylor knew that too. Then the United States! I have NO IDEA who taught him these things but since Dan and I are both geography geeks, we were thrilled.
  • I made Taylor an Uppercase/Lowercase Letters Memory game and it's his favorite game these days! He wants to play it every night before bed and now knows all his uppercase and lowercase letters!! (yes, consider this a Mommy Brag...sorry!)

3 comments:

Brenda Joy said...

You're supposed to brag, Mommy! I like this idea. I'll be copying it, so hope you don't mind!

Brenda Joy said...

If you would've been on FaceCrack this week you would've known we were going & we could've hooked up. See? The addiction is good! Let this be a lesson to you;)

Erin said...

gone right on bragging...you have a smart cookie on your hands!! The map thing is unbelievable...you might need to call mensa. i always mean to blog more about what he says and does right now, but clearly my blogging abilities have slowed as of late...but i need to do this very same thing soon before i forget it all!