Monday, October 5, 2009

Dancin' It Out!

After listening to me vent my aggravation at work today, a dear friend of mine (who just happens to also have a toddler) advised me to go home and "dance it out" with Taylor. So I did just that....and it worked! We ran around, jumped, and did some somersaults on the floor to the blaring melodies of Disney, Cher, Eminem and Roxette....yes, it was an eclectic mix! :) And after 20 minutes of "dancing it out," my aggravation was much less and my boy and I were laughing our heads off....thanks, Brenda!

Oh and for the record, I DID try and get some video of the dancing but every time I broke out the camera, Taylor would stand still, wag his finger at me and admonish, "No camera, mommy. Put it up!" Chagrined, I gave up on the video...for tonight anyway! :)

3 comments:

Brenda Joy said...

SOOOO proud of you, Mama! When you listen to happy music and move your body, happy neurotransmitters are released into the brain. PLUS it makes great memories! Isn't it great to have adaptive coping skills?(I'll have to remember that next time I'm eating icing from a jar!XOXO!)

Brenda Joy said...

P.S. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Frank Sinatra song...one of my favorites!

Love, Strength, Hope said...

You are a good, good mom!
No, scratch that, you are a GREAT mom!