Sunday, February 1, 2009

Rough Week

Well, I am not gonna sugarcoat it....this has been one helluva rough week. Taylor finally got over his nasty stomach virus Monday, only to have Dan get it Wednesday. Then on Friday, I got it! so needless to say, one or all of us have been feeling icky pretty much all week. I think (fingers crossed) that we are all finally on the mend...so I am hoping for better days...and a hopefully a chance to be productive and get some boxes packed soon!

Despite the horrid week overall, there were a few highlights:

1. Instead of sitting in the rocker with me at bedtime and letting me read books to him, Taylor has started sitting in the rocker with his stuffed animals and having me sit on the floor and read to them all. Yes, mom obviously got demoted to the floor but it's too cute to complain when he is sitting in the rocker with a load of stuffed animals on his lap! Sometimes he does not even want me to read and instead "reads" the books to his animals on his own.

2. On Monday afternoon, I pulled into the driveway and to my surprise, Taylor came running out of the garage door with a long stem red rose in his hand...as he toddled his way out to me, I bent down expecting a big kiss from my baby boy along with the rose...then suddenly, in typical little-boy fashion, he began to beat the door of my car with the rose instead!

3. Later in the week, Dan had a whole bouquet of GORGEOUS flowers delivered to me at work...flowers "just because" - my favorite kind! What a guy...

Oh and I know I owe a January Photos blog...it will be posted soon, I promise...

No comments: