- Our first Valentine's Day here in 2004, we woke up and everything was covered in snow. We hung around all day, made a fire and had a snowball fight.
- Our first Thanksgiving here in 2004, when we had our whole family in town to celebrate at our new house. Anyone who knows this story knows it was a "unique" holiday that year but now, I can finally laugh about it and it has become one of my favorite memories!
- Several fun New Year's Eve and wine tasting parties thru the years...
- Redecorating several rooms with Mom - we always had a blast and frankly, we did a damn good job! :)
- In 2007, bringing our baby son home from the hospital. We have spent many a happy - and sleepless - night with our son in this house since.
- Celebrating Taylor's first birthday here with PawPaw and Pam in 2008...the adults celebrated the night before with lobster and steak and then the next day, we had the real party for Taylor. Blue icing galore and loads of fun!
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Last Post...
...from 5628 Oleander, that is! And below is a picture of Daddy and Taylor's final CCCs at Oleander. Yes, we move tomorrow and things are a tad hectic around here, to say the least. Wish us luck. I will be back with a new post from 5419 Andover as soon as we have things up and running...hope everyone has a terrific week. And to say "farewell" to our first home, I leave you with a few of my favorite memories here:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Ah, yes, I have many wonderful, funny, unfortunate memories of Oleander Drive myself :) In a way, I'll miss it. Wishing you all the best at your new home, where you'll continue to make so many new memories. I'll do my best to help out by keeping the hot tub busy!!
Looking forward to seeing Andover and that youngun. A house is just a house, but a home is where your heart is ... words of wisdom from old dad.
Ahh yes...well said, Mike!! From some dummy who is apparently *stuck* in a lovely HOUSE in Kentucky and trying so very hard to go "home" to Mississippi, where she can be closer to family.
Enjoy your new home...can't wait to see it!!
Hey MB....I have been completely out of touch for a while during our "transition period" and was just getting caught up on your site. Looks like you guys have been busy too! Congrats on your new home! And I love the "sleeping series"...adorable. :) Good luck with the move...take care!
Post a Comment