Monday, February 2, 2009

COUSINS

Taylor has some awesome cousins and his mom has some pretty terrific nieces and nephews so I thought they deserved a post all to themselves...

1. LINDSEY - Lindsey-bug, as I like to call her, is the oldest. I met her when she was 3 months old and now she is the most wonderful 11 year old. She is brilliant, for starters, but she is also compassionate and kind and generous. She is thoughtful and sometimes I forget she is only 11 because she seems so much older and wise beyond her years. She loves yellow skittles and is a killer soccer player. And she is soooo good with Taylor! I have so many good memories of sweet Linz..."Happy plate" anyone?!?! :)

2. HARRIS - He is the second oldest and I can scarcely believe he is already 7 1/2 years old. I remember the day Ami first told me she was pregnant and I remember the day I first met my nephew when he was 4 days old. I think I did not put him down the whole weekend! My whole world changed...and now he is a smart funny considerate little man. He was the first to call me "Emby." He is so gentle with his baby cousin, Taylor, and is quite the "little protector!" Did I mention how funny he is too? I remember when I told him that my dog was "half-lab and half-dalmation" a couple years ago. In typical 5-year fashion, he seriously replied "Emby, which half is dalmatian - the front or the back?" I still laugh when I think about that and yes, that boy still has my heart.

3. CHRISTOPHER - Lovingly nicknamed "Fur", he is the third oldest and will be 7 years old in March...WOW! I remember waiting outside the delivery room when he was born - boy, was that a close one, right Kris? :) I also remember babysitting him and the excorcist vomiting episode while Uncle Dan was feeding him....too funny. Fur is a sensitive gentle soul who will walk up to you for no reason and give you a kiss and say "I love you." It amazes me. When I talked to him a couple nights ago on the phone, he kept saying "yes ma'am" and finally said "I love you, Aunt MB." Precious! And boy, what an athlete! I could go on forever about that child's athletic ability...

4. WRENN - Nicknamed WEW!, she is the youngest at 3 years old and WHOA, what a pistol! Fearless is the accurate term for my littlest niece but certainly does not do her justice. She is not afraid of anything and speaks her mind whenever needed. She is absolutely hilarious too! She loves ponies and Dora and baby dolls and her big brother. She has a huge infectious smile and laugh and honestly, she always seems to be happy. The night she was born, I was in Mexico and I will never forget it...my mom called to tell me the good news and I stepped onto our balcony and screamed into the night, "Welcome to the world, my precious niece - enjoy the ride!" And she does, she clearly does...

As Taylor's mom, it's my wish that he grows up to be just like his cousins...their parents have done a superb job and they are all special little people whom I love very much.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I could comment for days on each of these incredible children, but I won't. What I WILL say, though, is Wrenn's personality is very much like her Emby's!!!

Ann said...

What a nice post!! Very thoughtful!