Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sleep Series










I just love to watch a child or baby sleeping peacefully...doesn't everyone? After a day of temper tantrums or extreme whininess, it allows you a moment to feel lucky once again...to watch your child breathing in and out and cuddling his teddy bear and really feel thankful....and it gives you the strength you need to conveniently forget the not-so-great times from the previous day so you can anxiously look forward to hugging your baby the next morning. So I decided to post a series of Taylor sleeping this week...and I hope everyone notices that I have recently decided to let him pick out his own PJs...which should explain the picture of him wearing a polo shirt OVER his regular long sleeved PJ shirt! I figured it was not worth the battle. :) Oh and yes, Taylor sleeps with about 10 stuffed animals in his crib...he "reads" to them every night before his goes to sleep. He also has 3 blankets, 5 books, a sippy of water, and a pillow in there...I guess he likes it "cozy!" For the record, my favorite of T's sleeping poses is the first one, where he has his ankles crossed....he sleeps like that a lot, with his feet crossed and I love it! Hope you all had a terrific weekend...

3 comments:

daddy said...

Wouldn't you love to slip in his room very quietly and suddenly scream! Watch his hands and feet all go up at the same time - hilarious!

Enjoy ... but don't sleep too soundly ...

Karen said...

Beautiful, precious boy.....I miss him so much!!!

Anonymous said...

MB,
I love these pictures! Taylor looks so beautiful, tender and vulnerable but at the same time he is all boy with his belly out, bum in the air, stuffed animals strewn about!
And, I totally agree with you -- sleeping babies are the best. Watching Deck sleep often moves me to tears. I lay my face very closely to his and just sit there and feel his breath -- inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale -- and all is right in the world again!
I also love, love, love their bottom lips when they sleep!
Okay, you might have inspired a post on my blog -- I will give you credit!