Thursday, September 25, 2008

Kudos to Dad

I know I am biased obviously, but I think my husband is a really great father. He is leaving this weekend for a work trip for three nights and it has really got me thinking about all the ways Taylor and I will miss him. Let's see, so far I've got:

1. The fact that Dan wakes up with Taylor every single weekday morning even though he does not officially have class until noon. He wakes up at 6:30 AM and feeds Taylor breakfast while I get ready for work - such a huge help!
2. One morning every weekend, Dan gets up with Taylor so I can sleep in.
3. Dan reads the bedtime book to Taylor every night before bed and Taylor loves it - it's the only time he sits still!
4. Dan takes Taylor from the tub every night and helps him get his teeth brushed.
5. Dan picks up our boy from daycare at least twice a week...not only to help me out but so he can spend more time with him.
6. Whether it's good toddler diets, sleep patterns, favorite toddler books, how to best handle a 1-year old's temper tantrums, good foreign language programs for kids, or the best college funds...Dan devotes 30 minutes every day to researching something positive for Taylor and his future.
7. Whenever Taylor and I come home from work/daycare in the afternoons, Dan is waiting there in the garage to take Taylor from me and find out about his day...and let me tell you, if he is not there one day, Taylor knows it and looks around for his Daddy anxiously!

Besides all of this, Dan reads books to Taylor throughout the day, washesTaylor's laundry, keeps the floors vacuumed, plays in the floor with us, takes Taylor in the backyard to play, plays music for Taylor every night, goes to all our doctor's appointments with us, and even changes the occasional poopy diaper! Of course, sometimes there are just moments when Taylor does not want anyone but Daddy and only Daddy will do! My mom always told me that the best decision she made in her life was choosing my dad to be the father of her children. Right now, I feel the same way about my husband and I feel very lucky! Everyone, hug the great dads in your life today...

2 comments:

Karen said...

See, what have I been telling you about Dan?!?!? And, you just proved me right :o) And, yes, of the few things I HAVE *done right* in my life, marrying your daddy was one of them. We produced two incredible daughters together and his influence in both your lives is obvious...and appreciated!!!

daddy said...

Well wasn't that nice?