Friday, September 12, 2008

Hunkering Down

Well since I have heard countless times over the past two days "Like Texans have always done, we will just hunker down for Ike", I guess Dan, Taylor and I will be "hunkerin' down" for the next 36 hours! It looks like Ike will be bringing Tropical Storm force winds into our area most of the day tomorrow...and while I will obviously be vigilant about any tornado warnings or flood issues, I am truly nervous about power outages, which The Weather Channel is predicting could be widespread in our county. I have a battery-powered lantern for T's room but so far, I cannot find a battery-powered fan which is stressing me out! Mama does not do well with no AC and outside temps in the 80s - I know, I am a wimp! :) Anyhow, we will be fine, I am sure...I will post an update as soon as possible after the storm moves on through...assuming we still have power, that is. Thanks to everyone who has contacted us to make sure we are doing okay and are ready for Ike. My thoughts are with all the evacuees and residents on the coast.

No comments: