Monday, March 31, 2014

Relaxing spring weekend

So this weekend was very relaxing which was much-needed around our house.  Last week was super busy and hectic.  Saturday, we had some super-bad storms (even spent some time in the closet after our little city's tornado sirens sounded) so we stayed around the homefront and had some family time...this means a lot of family Monopoly, kitchen soccer (see above for T's action shot...thankfully we have two entrances to our kitchen thus two opposing goals!) and Civilization xbox games.

Sunday was Little League Day at the UCF baseball game...we met a bunch of T's teammates and buddies up there.  Afterward the kids got autographs from the players.  This is a pic of T with Eric Barber who was Dan's student last semester and who is probably their best player.  Very nice kid too!

Nothing like permanent marker on the ol' hands!


T watching the game...he really paid better attention than he has to any other game.

The kids also got to run the bases after the game which T loved!

 
And let's be honest...this is how the boys spent the majority of the 4 hours of the game...playing their own ball game out on the left field berm!  Which was fine with me bc I had a blanket and my own friends and the weather was superb...a perfect baseball watching afternoon!!

Ok so I just had to share...last week, I found a fork on the back porch that Dan had left there for a couple days on accident.  So I picked it up and moved it to the fireplace mantle inside (sure, I could have moved it to the kitchen sink but what fun would that be?!?). From there, it became a game and Dan subtly moved it from the mantle to the Korean chest.  The key is that you cannot say anything when you notice it - you just pick it up and move it around - this is meant to be a little quirky fun for a quirky family like mine.  Well yesterday, Taylor caught onto our little "game" and I came into the kitchen to see this pic above!  Yep, my kid put a fork on our cat!  A cat who then sat there with a fork on her back for at least an hour.  So you see?  Our whole family, including our pets, are just fantastically bizarre!!  Which I kinda love.

1 comment:

Ami said...

because I have been laughing so hard at Zelda chilling with a fork on her back, I kind of forgot what the first part of the blog even said! I love it!