Monday, March 10, 2014

A Culinary-Focused Weekend


Dan and I had another hooky date Friday and as usual, it was divine!  We went to this super cool wine tasting place...where you get a card and some wine glasses and then you add a certain amount of dinero to your card....then you walk around the place with your card and glass and taste whichever wines you want...they had over 156 bottles in machines and you can buy a taste, a half glass or a whole glass. My kind of place!  (The company was pretty good too!)  Of course we ate too - that is the pate duo, mortadella charcuterie platter, and mixed olives above.

Of course we also had to stop by our other favorite place - a nearby Gastro-pub that has the BEST Old-Fashioned cocktails ever!  Yes that is maple glazed bacon on top and they infuse the bourbon with bacon themselves - they even gave me the recipe! :)

Dan reading up on some of the wines...you can see the wine machines closer up on the right side of this pic too

Wine  goes best with cheese, of course!  This was manchego, bleu, and gouda with honey and raw almonds.  Felt like we were stepping back to Napa for a couple of house...Delish!
 
Oh and keeping with the theme...a new Fresh Market opened in our community recently so Tman and I checked it out Saturday...awesome!  T chose escargot (which we ate for lunch - pic above) and some fresh seaweed salad with tuna slices. YUMMO!  I could get addicted to that place quickly but I will be broke!
 
Oh and just to show we were not ONLY about the cuisine this weekend...we did go to another of T's baseball games...and he got three hits once again!  Video evidence (with less Mommy squeal, as requested by PawPaw) below. :)
 

2 comments:

daddy said...

Well now I'm hungry - man, that all sounded good! I want some escargot.
Very proud of Taylor - he seems to be doing really well with baseball - great sport! Keep it up, Big Guy.

Ami said...

Wow- this made me want to eat some good food, looks like a great day off! And, as always, so proud of T and his awesome baseball skills!