Monday, March 3, 2014

DC and such

This past week, I went to DC for a work conference...this was my view from across the Potomac of the Washington Monument.  Nice view from INSIDE the hotel but trust me, it was COLD outside.  I have no idea why folks live in these freezing areas!
 
Friday night, while I was still in DC, Tman had a baseball game and his dad sent me play-by-play texts and pics...below is T on 2nd base.  Doesn't he look so big??
 
Oh and my boy had the best game he has had since he started Little League!  He was up to bat 3 times and got a hit every time....so he won the game ball.  He was SOOO excited!
 
I brought Tman some First Ladies cards from DC...yesterday morning when I woke up, this is what I saw: he had matched each First Lady with the corresponding president from his Presidents Cards.  He learned that Wilson and Tyler both had wives die while in the White House and remarried.  ALSO....did you know that Buchanan was the only President NOT to married yet he had an official "First Lady" anyway?  He named his niece as the White House "hostess" while he was President and she was thus considered First Lady...love all these trivial facts we learn from T's cards!
Oh and last night, I went into his room to tuck him in and found him like this - reading a Magic Treehouse book to himself - he was so intent that he never even heard me so naturally I took a pic. :)  SUPER glad he is so into reading now!!
 



2 comments:

Ami said...

Oh my goodness- he does look so big on that base! And, I love his organizational skills, and love for trivia! So cute!

daddy said...

Glad he is doing so well in baseball - that was his Peepaw's favorite, also.
I hope he keeps his love of reading - so important in anything he does later in life ... plus it's a great pasttime.