Monday, October 10, 2011

Years Ago...

When in Tallahassee this weekend, I took a brief trip down memory lane...and drove by the house where Dan and I first lived together. It's funny because at the time, I hated this little house...old, small, ugly, cold/hot, etc. And it was all of those things, for sure! (It was also cheap which was most important since Dan and I were both grad students...I think we paid $450/month in rent) But now, I look back and mostly remember good times....crazy times...hopeful times....dramatic nights and carefree days...young love, really. It was in that house, that I made the decision to spend my life with Dan. We got our special cat Homer while living there. We really formed a true partnership in the two years we lived in that nasty little house. Most importantly, looking at that house now gives me perspective...on where we are NOW and how far we have come...and yet how much we are still the same at our foundation. It's kinda cool to look back sometimes...

3 comments:

Alex said...

Sweet post...

Brenda Joy said...

Awwwwww. Sweet!!!

Ami said...

sis - this made me cry, i love it!