Monday, October 3, 2011

Cooking

Sunday, before Taylor went to his first "drop-off" playdate (which, btw, was wonderful...three hours at his buddy's house while mom and dad got to go run some errands on their own), we did some cooking at home. First we made cheese....which was way cool! T was excited to see how cheese is really made, how curds and whey separate, etc. After the cheese was set, we cubed it and fried it up and added marinara sauce. Tasted like cubes of ricotta...T enjoyed it! Next we made apple cake...bc again, Fall means apples! it was yummy too...our next cooking project is going to be dried apple chips and banana chips! Here are some pics from our recent culinary adventures...CHEESE first....
Then APPLE CAKE...

3 comments:

Ami said...

Sis- i love that you teach Taylor stuff like that! I think Harris knows how to "make" frozen Bagel Bites in the toaster oven :-)

Brenda Joy said...

Wow. I'm in awe! I didn't know people actually MADE cheese! You are the shizzle. Seriously!

daddy said...

You are such a good Mom - keep up the good work, MB.