Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Cruise, part two (Cuba)




My first view of Havana from the ship

We scored a cool 1950s convertible for our first taxi


These old cars were everywhere and I loved them!

The Hotel Nacional, the old headquarters for the American mafia before the Castro kicked them out in 1959.

Cool old elevators in the hotel...notice the broken top indicator...they can't fix it because the one part comes from the US and they can't get it.

On top of the hotel - great views!

They had tunnels built near the hotel during the 1962 cuban missile crisis....we got to explore...super cool!


Aunt Krista enjoyed a mafia mojito...that means it was made with both dark and white rums.
Siblings chilling in their classic ride


Then we got into another old truck and picked up Gord for a historical tour of Havana


Linz and I chillaxing with J.C in Havana....you know, just another regular wednesday afternoon. :)



Fam overlooking the city





T and his coconut in front of our tour truck



T and I in Revolution Square




one of the many revolutionary motifs around town





Family time back on the boat





My favorite place...a little quiet corner in a cool bar on the boat...served delicious martinis!




We went to see a funny comedy show our last night....then it was over and the summer fun was done...

Back to reality...and MIDDLE SCHOOL, here we come!!









1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am just catching up on your blog! Love the cruise post, looks awesome!