Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Fun holiday weekend

     

So last week, my girls and I met for a much-needed happy hour after work...while I was waiting for them to arrive, I noticed this group of older lady friends close-by. They reminded me so much of Meemaw and her best buddies and how they meant so much to each other through their lives. I told the server that I wanted to pick up their tab bc they had made me remember Meem so much and that makes me feel good.  They all came over and hugged me one by one...and I got to tell them all about Meem and who she was and how special she was.  It was SUCH a  great experience.  I have really missed my grandmom hugs!



 My girls, Josette, Tatiana and Denise - like Meem used to say, my friends help get me thru!

 
 For some reason, Taylor decided he wanted to make some blender experiments Saturday afternoon...so we did!  We made a couple delicious experiments with berries and milk...and couple NASTY concoctions!  Notice the evil glint in his eye above?  Yea, that nasty mixture had bacos, poptarts, honey, juice, salsa and chocolate pudding in it!  His dad, the good sport, actually tasted it!

On Sunday, we went to Artegon Marketplace with our buddies Caleb and Cristina. And what a cool place...they call it the "anti-mall."

 

 They have this super cool SkyTrail high up in the ceiling - a cool ropes and ziplining course.  I would like to tell you that Taylor stuck it out and completed it and the 40 foot drop at the end...but alas, he called it quits after about 5 minutes.  Too scary, he said.  He may have a bit of his mom's fear of heights!












    

 So while Caleb finished the course, T journeyed to his favorite spot - the beef jerky outlet!



 The moms found a yummy tiki bar too.  :)

 

  and...the very best part of the whole anti-mall?  Stuffed animal scooters - motorized!  Seriously, so much fun.  Every shopping center should have these. 



Same place...glow-in-the-dark mini golf - also very cool!  Love this place...we will definitely be returning...maybe in October when the Zombie apocolypse laser tag place opens...which they assured us will be "family friendly!"  LOL!!
 











  

 That night, we had a sleepover at our house with caleb...and the boys broke out the PieFace game...



 Whipped cream in the face...always fun right?  :)


 Monday was 4th of July and we celebrated with a big neighborhood shindig!



  

Some super cool neighborhood moms!

 

 T enjoyed the sparklers of course
 

 The boys loved watching the fireworks



  
The whole group...we really hit the jackpot by landing in this neighborhood with so many great families and friends for our boy!

Hope everyone else had a great holiday weekend as well!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a fun neighborhood you have sis- I love it! And the anti-mall looks like a fun day, may have to check it out!