Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Month long catch up....oops!

  
I know, I know....long time, no blog but in my defense, the past month has been even more hectic than usual!  But rewinding back for a catch-up...May 26th was the last day of school and as tradition, I cooked T whatever meal he requested that last night...and THIS was his choice.  Steak, sweet potato, grapes and blueberries, roll, and GREEN OLIVES.  Odd combo but whatever.  :)  Our big boy is moving onto 4th grade!
 
 We also celebrated the end of school/start of summer with a little neighborhood gathering...have I said how much I love our little community.  Great moms and dads and kids for T to hang with.  Perfect!



  
The first week of Summer gave Dan and I chance for a long over-due date day...we hit several places and ate WELL as usual!


This gopher tortoise, we named him George - he keeps coming into our yard and hanging out.  Cool. dude.



 
Oh my oh my....the HAIR!  T's hair is naturally SO THICK and towards the end of school, he did not want to cut it...I let it go as long as I could then I just decided it had to go...look how happy he was about it.

 Love the shorter look plus I know it will be cooler this HOT summer!  For the record, it was not that he preferred his hair long, he just said "I do not think spending ten minutes in a salon or barber shop is a good use of my time over summer break."  :)

 
 This is pretty much what our front yard looks like on any given weekend day...neighborhood boys everywhere!!!  But yea, I love it. :)

  

 A Dad friend of ours (that's right - a DAD can plan things too!) planned this little cookout get-together at a local park....it was hot but fun as always...


   
Of course the boys' favorite part...playing football.
 















 
 This is what happens when you leave your hubby and your kiddo at home too long....a 4-square court gets masking-taped on your living room floor!  :)
 T had a sleepover in mid-June at Anthony's house so we got another date....this time at night!  When you do not have any family in town, you get excited for every rare opportunity like this!


 Went to a fabulous french restaurant...escargot, Bordeaux, filet, duck, foir gras...and to finish, a cooked-to-order raspberry and chocolate souffle with Grenat to drink.  oh my!!

 The next day, T had a four hour belt testing at karate...he was trying for his purple belt!     


 And yeah it was intense...this was T putting a partner in a headlock in one of the take-down moves but there was also sparring, katas, punches, kicks, and LOTS of pushups and situps.  It is a definitely a test of endurance as much as anything else.

 Our boy persevered and earned that new purple belt though!!  very proud of him but most importantly, he was proud of himself.

 
 Moved his name plate from green to purple on the dojo wall.  His request for lunch when it was all over?  Taco Bell!  :)  Quite the reward right?
 
 The next day was Father's Day!  We made Daddy breakfast in bed which consisted of T's choices for him...cold milk, blueberry muffins and bacon. :)

     
Brings us to last weekend when our friends Alex and Justin from Texas came to visit...the boys wasted no time and jumped right into playing...twister fun first.  Poor Justin here - looks painful!
 
Then some football in the backyard...they played until the sun went down and they literally could not see the ball anymore.









 
The next day was the beach!  And despite the pained look on T's face, they had a great day. 

   
This was my occasional view of the day so yeah, I had fun too....
 The next day it was about 800 degrees so we naturally decided to run the gauntlet at Universal theme park!!!  We arrived early before it got too hot and crowded and started on the Islands of Adventure side.

  The cool dudes about to hit the 3D spiderman ride - one of my personal faves!


 This Ripsaw Falls log ride was their favorite, I think....notice Justin's face in this pic.  Classic.

 Next in line...another water ride...this one was Popeye's Bilge Rat Raft ride...

 



 
 ANd yet a third water ride...this was the Jurassic Park ride...you can see Justin in the far right, second row....T was hiding behind the little girl. :)
 Soaked but in 100 degrees, it did not take long to dry!



  
 My personal favorite area...the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  So cool!  And much expanded since the last time we visited.


 Butter beer - a must!!  Kinda tastes like a rootbeer float but with butterscotch flavor.











The classic Universal tourist pic!

  
 The boys in Krustyland heading into the Simpsons Ride....


 Last pic of the day...T and Dr. Doom...ooooh so tough!!

Been a great and busy summer so far...and I know July will bring even more fun and memories so stay tuned!











2 comments:

daddy said...

Great post, MB!
Looks like T is getting all his food groups.
I suppose the vegetarian thing is past? Good.
Love that tree - your sister could climb it, too.
I agree with Taylor - haircuts are a waste of time.
Purple belt? In memory of Prince?

Unknown said...

Awesome post! I was missing my T updates! Looks like a very fun summer so far and I love Universal of course! And all the boys hanging at your house, so much fun!