Monday, March 14, 2016

Fun family weekend!



 
 Had a fun weekend filled with family activities...kicked it off Friday night with tailgating and the Orlando City soccer game.




 
 Had great seats but sadly, our team is looking pretty bad so far this season!




 
 Saturday, Taylor had a baseball game...and he personally had a great game - a couple great catches for outs and two good hits.  Unfortunately, the team overall really struggled though so they had their first loss. Sunday, we drove down to Dunedin (just north of Clearwater and right near the Gulf) for our annual MLB Spring Training game...this was the Rays vs the Jays.

 
 It was great breezy weather for a baseball game...and what an intimate little stadium.  I really liked it actually!

 
 Family pic!
 
 And this just made me laugh bc it was so "Florida."  While the players were in the field, masses of seagulls would land in the outfield with them and just hang out or fly around. The stadium was only one block from the beach so it was a kinda a fun combo or the two worlds.



 
 Just an extra funny....So here's the deal...I really am not crafty though some folks think I
am. And I would much rather buy things instead of make things when I can. But Taylor came home and said he has to be a horse in a fairy tale mock trial at school and I immediately went to Amazon to buy a horse mask  And he stopped me and insisted it was to be "simple" and "homemade." Ugh. But whatever, we do anything for our kids. So I rummaged through Michaels for whatever fuzzy, black
or brown items may be suitable. We ended up with a square of faux fur, some giant brown pipe cleaners, a big roll of black yarn from clearance and one of those black
foam visors. Voila, a simple and homemade horse costume...ears, mane and tail included! And shockingly, my kid actually swears he will wear it!  (Dan and I think it looks more like the offspring of a cat and donkey but whatever!)
And we also found two hours for a little Boing dodgeball with friends...of course!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my- the horse costume is the best, I love it and it cracks me up! Good work Mama!