Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Summer Begins!












 
Summer has arrived!!!  Means lots of heat, relaxing and fun fun fun!  Lately T has been wanting to play lots of board games...Ten Days in the USA, Life, Monopoly, and Chess...must be a summer thang. :)

A couple weekends ago, T competed in his first travel baseball tournament...the whole fam went down to Plant City with 10 other families and players and we had a great time...for the first time, T and his best buddy James were on the same team so that was nice!
Cute boys after they won their first game - showing off their cool new arm bands!
The second day of games...can tell the boys were getting tired about now...and it was HOT!  They did not win the tourney but for their first time, considering the other teams had been doing these for a while, I was very proud of them!
Last week, I took T and J to eat raw oysters - besides sushi, this is one of their faves. These kiddos knocked out some oysters, I am telling you!  And T eats his on a cracker with just lemon juice.  James eats his without any adornments at all!
T getting his iron for the day. :)
 
Last weekend, we hit the beach with our buddies...it was 95 and sunny and as always, super fun!  He is still not too old to enjoy building a good sand castle/fort.
Dawn's precious granddaughter Kenna joined us too which I loved - they took a couple watermelon breaks to cool down - delicious! 
T relaxing under the umbrella...do not be fooled, this did not last long.  He stayed in the waves mostly, except for an hour break we made them take after we saw a shark.  Scary but you know, we live in FL and are not going to stop going to the beach so we sucked it up and got back out there!
Well these pics, I just could not resist - these were T's dinners the past two nights...I love love love the colors and freshness of summer fruits and veggies. They make me happy!  Thus, pics....of food...again.
 
Hope everyone is enjoying their summer like we are!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

the beach day looks great- and the summer food is making me hungry! Looks like a fun summer so far!

daddy said...

Congrats to The Thunder! Hope y'all keep up the good work.
Yes, the "summer" food looks great - fresh,easy and healthy - what's not to like.
I'd love to carry Taylor to N.O. sometime and eat oysters - bet he'd love Acme.