Friday, September 13, 2013

Work Around the House/Yard....


So this is the famous (infamous?) stone patio we have been building behind our house, adjacent to back porch. You have to imagine it with some grass or low foliage around the edges once all that grows.  For the record, we love it!  And this pic does not do it justice - especially the amount of work involved in hand-laying and leveling all 95 of those 16-inch, 20 pound stones!!!  It was a hard sweaty labor of love though...and thank you, Gdad for all your help!!


And THIS is the completed rose garden...still in its infancy and will obviously look much nicer as all the bushes grow taller and have more beautiful colorful buds...but we are super proud of it.  Since Dan and I toted all those edging stones, HUGE bags of manure, and mulch out to that corner of the yard, we appreciate it even more than if we had simply paid for someone to build it!  It has 6 story book roses of assorted colors, 6 knockout roses, and 4 drift roses. 


4 comments:

amiekay said...

So beautiful! I can't wait for you to bring me roses! LOL!

daddy said...

Very impressed, MB! I know y'all will enjoy both the new patio and the rose garden. Remember that rose hips are edible and make a pretty addition to a salad.

Ami said...

LOVE your rose garden and your patio sis! Can't wait to see them both in person- super impressed with you and Dan (and G-dad!)

Brenda Joy said...

You GO, green thumb-baby! I'm SO PROUD of you! That's a LOT of work, but your heart is in it. I can't say how much I just love this.
AND YOU!