Monday, February 4, 2013

The Last Week...


This past week has been busy but fun...we had our first Machine Pitch Little League practice.  T's team is called The Yankees (gag) and he has one buddy from his class on his team and a few others he knows from the community so he seemed pretty comfortable out there and had fun.

We had his second practice Saturday and let me just say, that machine pitches the balls FAST!  Way faster than any of us expected!  T had a another good practice Saturday but by the end, he was being a goofball and would drop a ball in front of him in the outfield and scream "oops, I laid an egg!"  Kid cracks me up sometimes.

Friday I had an opportunity to join T in his classroom to help out with the winter party...they made marshmallow snowflkes and snowmen bagels.  Pretty cute!

Friday night, dan and I had a rare date night and it was great!  On the way to the party, we saw this amazing sunset and of course I had to take a picture.  He laughs at me but I hope I am never too busy to stop and appreciate - and even take a picture - of a gorgeous sunset!


Yesterday we went with James and Camilo to the local trampoline center.  really a super cool place and the kids had fun AND got great exercise!  They were sweaty little dudes after jumping for two hours straight!



 They had a trampoline chute too where you jumped in a foam pit at the end....that is T in the flash of bright orange, mid-air!

Taylor also was honored as the "Young Author of the Month" from his class last week....they had a ceremony on stage and all the honorees got a certficate and a snack with the principal.  Dan went and took pictures but I have not uploaded from his phone yet.  Very proud of our little guy!


2 comments:

Ami said...

sis- so proud of my nephew for so many things! First, his young author of the month honor- awesome! Also, his excitement/ fun at baseball practice even though it may have been a little out of his comfort zone! Finally, the trampoline place just looks like a blast! Oh, and glad you and Dan got a date night out too!

daddy said...

Ditto, congrats, Taylor, for "Young Author of the Month". That's great!!!
Keep up the good work with baseball, too.
The trampoline place does look like fun - what's with the helmets? Is that required? Next thing you know, they'll require helmets to play football.