Thursday, February 21, 2013

First Scrimmage

 T's Little League team had their first scrimmage this week...poor Dan got stuck in the dugout keeping the kids in batting order and getting a catcher dressed out for our defensive half inning. Well none of the kids wanted to dress out as catcher (bc that gear is heavy and uncomfortable!) so Dan convinced Taylor to give it a shot.  He did well too....so yea, that is my baby crouched down behind home plate with fast pitches coming straight at him.  He definitely did not enjoy it though so it will be a struggle to have a kid volunteer as catch each game, I am afraid.

The boys would watch their teammate at bat from the dugout shouting "let's go, yankees, let's go yankees"...I ask you - is there anything cuter?  I think not.
Saturday is Opening day...carnival, raffles, opening games, team photos, and a parade...so stay tuned for yet MORE baseball pics, I am sure!

2 comments:

Alex said...

Awesome. Cather is the toughest position of all. Sweet for T-Man.

daddy said...

Go Yankees!!! And go, Yogi Murphree!!!