Monday, August 13, 2012

Kindergarten!

Today was the first day of kindergarten for my baby....it is 10:39 AM and I just stopped boo-hooing!  He is at lunch right now - they eat early!  He did great this morning at drop-off (no tears!) and I really like his two teachers - Ms. Melillo and Ms.Starbuck.  I cannot wait to hear how his first day went. 

 My "baby" sleeping - his last night before kindergarten.  His teacher gave him some Magic Confetti at the Meet-and-Greet last week and if he slept with it under his pillow, it was supposed to help him sleep well the night before school.  I think it worked!
 ready for school - big boy with his lunch box and backpack!

 Tman and Ms. Starbuck
 My two handsome guys!
At the door, Ms. Melillo said "if you can fit through this hula hoop, you can come in this room!"  Then she eyed us over-protective parents and said "parents, please do not try and fit thru the hula hoop!"  :)  T got a smile on his face and crawled on through....and that was that!

At the PTA's boo-hoo breakfast, they had a really sweet but sad poem...I wanted to share because it pretty much encompasses my emotions today...

I wonder what you're doing right now,
And if everyone is treating you kind.
I hope there is a special person,
A nice person that you can find.

I wonder if the teacher knows
Just how special you are to me,
And if the brightness of your heart
is something she can see.

I wonder if you are thinking about me,
And if you need a hug.
I already miss the sound of your voice
And how you give my leg a tug.

I wonder if you could possibly understand
How hard it is for me to let you grow.
On this day know that my heart breaks
For this is the first step in letting my baby go.

Taylor Paine - Mommy and Daddy are so proud of who you are and know you will do great in "real school."  We love you, sweet boy!


7 comments:

danna said...

What a precious post. T man looks like he is going to LOVE school. Hugs to you... I'm feeling ridiculously emotional too.

Alex said...

That is truly sweet.

Wow. How quickly the years pass. It seems like just yesterday T was a little, tiny baby. And now it is all about Kindergarten and beyond. Very nice post, MB.

Ami said...

love that poem sis- but now I am crying along with you -but my older "baby" is heading off to scary middle school! So proud of T and how brave he was heading to kindergarten today!

Lori said...

Love it! The hula hoop idea is awesome! Can't wait to hear how his first days of kindergarten went :-) And our Costco trip was epic...anytime!

daddy said...

Well dang, MB - you almost made me cry!

Anxious to hear about the first day from Taylor's perspective.

Myah said...

Oh man MB!! That made me cry. Benjamin has been in a jumpstart program this summer but officially starts Thursday! Gulp!

Brenda Joy said...

Oh, my!!! What an emotional first day! I'm proud of you BOTH!
Love and hugs!