Monday, April 2, 2012

Visit to St. Pete

T and I hopped in the car saturday morning and headed to St Pete to play with our good friends Brooke and Gracyn. Such a wonderful relaxing FUN time as usual...we enjoyed a few hours at the beach...always a good thing...
Then went home and got cleaned up and ready for the FAIR!!!
Well it's official, my kid is a carnie. :) He loves a fair, for sure! I think Gracyn enjoyed it too...supah fun! T's favorite ride was the Tilt-A-Whirl of course and G's favorite was the bumper cars.
There may have been a funhouse exit mishap. :)
The next morning, we went down to the pier and had a delicious brunch on the water...it's really heard to beat a seafood brunch with the smell of salt water in the air on a sunny breezy morning.
Then the kiddos (yes and me too and photo evidence to prove it) climbed this awesome tree!
While in St Pete, we visited an amazing market and one of the things T picked out, besides lots of olives, cheeses and a BIG chocolate chip cookie, was an artichoke. So we steamed it yesterday and ate it with some lemon butter....well he was a trooper and ate those "leaves" faithfully to get to the "heart" which I had told him was so delicious. Well when he finally had a bite of the artichoke heart, he got this horrible look on his face and he admitted to me that he did not like it or "any of those leaves either!" But still I was proud of him for pushing through and trying something new anyway!! And really, that is just more artichoke for me in the future bc I love them!

4 comments:

daddy said...

Bless his heart - at least he tried that artichoke. You can't ask for more than that.

That seafood brunch really sounds good. Glad y'all had fun and got back safely.

The Mendozas said...

Wow. St. Pete's trip looks nice. Great to see T doing so well.

Ami said...

awesome wknd sis and I love that he tried the leaves and the heart!

Katie said...

Can I be your kid?? You guys do fun stuff all the time! And I cannot imagine living somewhere that you can just go to St. Pete for the day! Miss you MB!