Wednesday, January 18, 2012
YES!
So I am starting a new - hopefully recurrent - blog post...it's called YES! And I took the idea from my dear friend Brenda. I am always so inspired and uplifted by her own YES! posts that I decided to start my own. (Thanks B!) So often in life, we think or say "NO!"...we are quick to focus on why we shouldn't or couldn't or mustn't. But in this post, I am going to focus on the SHOULDS and COULDS and WILLS! All the things I want to scream YES! to on this day, this week, this year, this life.
So right now, I am saying...
YES! to sunny 75 degree days in January when I get to eat lunch outside every day
YES! to healthy cooking in my new crockpot
YES! to embracing new challenges at work as new "opportunities"
YES! to having a nice sushi dinner with my boy
YES! to a sweet smart back-talkin' four-year old who challenges me EVERY DAY.
YES! to jumping off the bed....over and over and over again
YES! to long walks on the awesome trail in our new neighborhood
YES! to my new forever home that is not perfect but has great potential
YES! to busting out a dance move when I am running just because I feel like it
YES! to my best friend and the most amazing sister anyone could ever have
YES! to appreciating my husband more for all he IS and all he DOES
YES! to appeciating the small moments
YES! to my new contacts and to mastering the taking out/putting in process
YES! to downloading books from the local public library onto my Ipad
YES! to reading books in the bath every night
YES! to appreciating where I am NOW in THIS LIFE at THIS MOMENT
And lastly...my favorite one of Brenda's which I am borrowing for my own...
YES! to progress, not perfection.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Ha, ha, ha - I'm laughing at your "yes" for reading in the tub ... I remember you falling asleep in the tub when you were little. So afraid you'd drown!
Say "YES" to staying awake, please?
LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!!! Thanks for the shout out, and I'm SO diggin' your yes post! I feel like I just got a shot of JOY in the arm! SO proud of you and your CHOICE to focus on the blessings. Love you BIG!Remember, what you focus on....e-x-p-a-n-d-s! So focus on the YES, and the JOY SPREADS!
LOVE this sis! Thanks to your friend Brenda for inspiring this (she sounds awesome!) Daddy- I so remember MB sleeping in the tub too. Wrenn has almost done that too- she has a little MB in her. Thanks for saying YES to me sis- I say YES to you too and am so grateful to have you in my life- you're in my gratitude journal today!
Post a Comment