Friday, January 20, 2012

School Days

I took some pics at T's classroom this morning...some of his artwork and some of his daily journal and a few other things I wanted to document. The mind of a 4 year old is a fascinating place!
This entry in their "feelings" journal says "I feel happy when I'm at my home." Yep, that's my homebody child!
This is T's penguin made from scraps of paper - hung on the bulletin board as part of the class' Penguin Parade.
This is an entry from T's journal. He drew his friends Samuel and Sergio.
Another journal entry - he drew grapes.
And in this one a pumpkin.
This is a flower (I love looking at his journal!)
On this sheet, the teacher typed up the kids' answers to the question "What do you think it means to be a friend?" T said "You Have to share."
And this one is my favorite...they asked the kids "WHo is Martin Luther King Jr?" T's answer was "He changed the laws about going to restaurants and drinking at water fountains and sitting where you want on the bus. He said everyone can go to the same places." Have I mentioned how much I LOOOOOOOVE our school? SO MUCH!

2 comments:

Brenda Joy said...

That's just plain awesome! YES!

Ami said...

love this one sis- so awesome how their minds work, and my neph is one smart cookie!