Tuesday, February 22, 2011

One Year...



Today, February 22, 2011, marks one year since my wonderful grandmother left this world. Every day, every minute, I still miss her. And I continue to feel glad and fortunate that I had her in my life. I saw a quote by Albert Einstein the other day and I thought of Meem.

"Our death is not the end if we can live on in our children and the younger generation. For they are us, our bodies only wilted leaves on the tree of life."

This is how I think of Meemaw...as part of all of us. Living still through her memories in each of our hearts. When I cook with my son, I think of Meemaw. When I sing him a song, I think of Meemaw. When I talk to Ginny and reminisce, I think of Meemaw. When I call my sister and we laugh, I think of Meemaw. As I live this life, every day, I think of Meemaw. She is part of the forever-foundation of my soul.

When I was four, I gave Meemaw a little statue that I now have in my room. It says "I love you in big ways, I love you in small ways. I love you today, I'll love you for always." 31 years later and still true...I love you, Meemaw.


4 comments:

daddy said...

That was great, MB - thanks.

It has been a day to reminisce. We all miss Meem and we all benefitted from knowing and loving her.

Anna said...

Beautiful, MB! Your MeeMaw was lucky to have you as such a wonderful granddaughter!

Ami said...

Loved your post sis- You are so right, Meem is a huge part of who we all are. Miss her lots every day!

Brenda Joy said...

And you HONOR HER by the life you LIVE! I love you!