Friday, December 31, 2010

Delicious Tapas!

This post is for you, Daddy...everyone else thinks I am a nut for taking pics of food but since I actually learned that from you, I know you will enjoy this! :) So on Monday, before we left Tampa, we went to a local Spanish tapas bar and had a leisurely and delicious lunch! We had escargot, little neck clams, oxtails, rabbit, lambshank, veal sweetbreads (Brenda and Brooke, do not look that up - you will gag though they are truly delicious), Spanish cheese with Honey aioli and almonds, and duck pate. Also, look at pic on bottom - they brought this wonderful dipping sauce for bread to our table and I loved the presentation. It was olive oil, drizzle with balsamic, roasted garlic paste and roasted red pepper paste. Mixed together, YUMMY!

Veal sweetbreads - my personal fave!

Escargot and mushrooms in puff pastry

Spanish cheese platter and duck liver pate

The dipping sauce for the crusty bread

2 comments:

daddy said...

So how many other people were dining with ya'll? It all looks awesome! The pate, the escargot, the sweetbreads ... I'm hungry.

And, yes, I did enjoy the pictures.

Alex said...

Where is the bone marrow tapa!?!