Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Treasure Indeed

T and I went to sushi for lunch today - just some "Mommy and T" special time. As usual, I enjoyed my sushi date with my little fella. He can be such an adventurous eater which is awesome to see! Anyway, he was eating salmon roe as usual (what he calls "little red balls") and the woman next to us was fascinated to see a 3-year old eat roe. She kept asking me about it. Finally she offered him a spicy baby octopus off her plate. I tried to politely tell her that he would never eat that...well, I was wrong! The kid downed it and asked for another (which he did not get bc those suckers are expensive)!!! Octopi are really chewy and frankly, a whole one sitting on your plate is not the most appetizing thing ever, but my guy loved it! I told him how proud I was that he tried something new.

When the nice lady left, she said to me, "Enjoy him. He is a treasure." I could not agree more!

2 comments:

Brenda Joy said...

Wow. Incredible. Noah wouldn't even eat a different brand of hot dog today! Don't know where he gets that. Oh yeah, from me:(

Ann said...

Oh my! That is great he loves all kinds of food!