Back in January, my friend Brenda challenged me to run my first race in March...and the race was this morning! It was only a 2-Mile "Fun Run" but I finished it and had so much fun. Courtney ran it with me and we finished in 24 minutes. Of course, being the clumsy person I am, I caught my foot on a brick within the first 100 yards and fell down...bloody knee and sprained wrist and OUCH! But I hopped back up and kept on going and Courtney gave me some Neosporin, bandaids, Motrin, and a wrist brace once we crossed the finish line!!! :) Without friends, I do not think I could have or would have done this today...so THANK YOU, B and C!
Here we are, pre-race:

And then here I am hamming it up in my "faux running mode!":
1 comment:
GO MARY BETH! I AM SOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!! What matters is that you got back up! And 24 minutes is GREAT TIME for 2 miles...especially in the hilly Azalea District! XOXOXOXO!
Post a Comment