Monday, September 21, 2009

Ridiculous!

"It's ridiculous how much I love this child!" I think those words a lot. A whole lot. Sometimes it's more poignant than others...for instance, tonight. At bedtime, I was rocking Taylor and I was singing his new favorite bedtime song which is "Hakuna Matata" from Lion King. He was looking at my face and touching my face real soft and singing along tonight. As I watched and heard my baby singing the words "It means no worries, for the rest of your days. It's a problem-free philosophy...Hakuna Matata!" I actually got teary-eyed. I thought to myself "I will remember this moment forever and I truly do hope you have a Hakuna Matata kinda life, baby." And again I thought to myself "RIDICULOUS, just ridiculous, how much I love this child!"

2 comments:

Brenda Joy said...

I, too, wish no worries for your little boy. What a sweet, loving, and memorable moment. Love to you both. Something else for me to look forward to.

Love, Strength, Hope said...

I know how you feel. Do you ever find yourself shaking when you go to kiss him b/c you are literally holding in sooooooo much love that you have to resist trying to kiss and hug it into him?