Sunday, January 18, 2009

Weekend

We had a nice weekend...a bit cold outside but good. We went to the playground yesterday. This morning we went to Target...I had to go buy Taylor a harness to walk around the neighborhood because he has started refusing the stroller AND holding my hand....thus, the "kid leash!" But not to worry, he loves it - it's a plush monkey and he has been loving on it all day!! Makes me feel not as bad. :) I think he and Daddy named the monkey "Bananas." I also bought him some Bristle Blocks...remember those, over-30 crowd? I loved those as a kid so naturally I figured Taylor would love them too. Wrong! He couldn't care less but I still had a great time building Bristle buildings by myself today!! This afternoon, we went to the planetarium at the local junior college to see a kids' show, Larry, Cat in Space. Taylor enjoyed about 20 minutes before he looked at me and said "go, go." Guess he is a little too young still...and apparently does not want to be an astronaut yet!! Hope everyone has a terrific week...

Oh and one more thing...right now while I type this blog, I can hear Taylor in the kitchen saying "Unt Kiki" repeatedly....that is Taylor-ese for "I want a cookie!" Apparently, the child now knows that the Sunday night routine is warm CCCs and milk with Daddy after dinner...and he is demanding the tradition be upheld! :)

1 comment:

daddy said...

Bristle Blocks might hold an attraction for girls, but boys like real wooden blocks - stack 'em high and knock 'em down! That's the ticket.

Also, I tried something fun in Sunday School yesterday - "can bowling". Set up 10 empty cans like bowling pins and roll a ball to knock them down - makes good rattling noises and the chirren loved it!