Been a busy summer so far, as always! First big news - T got his first phone (for safety reasons in case he stays home by himself at all this summer)...and I would have done it earlier if I had known the sweet messages he would send his mama! Love these.
I am going to go out of order a bit bc I have so much to catch up on over the past month...so another big event this summer is baseball All-Stars. The State tourney is this weekend in Ocala so we have been doing lots of practicing to get ready. And in June, that means sitting in lots of RAIN!!
Love this banner made for T's team...check out the tough face! :)
T has been doing really great on this team...his coach texted me the messages below a few weeks ago and it made us really proud. He also made Taylor co-caption of the team!
There have been pool parties and lots of swimming this summer as well.
Oh and BOING....SO.MUCH.JUMPING! And dodgeball!
Another summer activity for us has been having Tman cook our dinner every Sunday. I really want him to learn about ten basic meal recipes so one day in college, he does not have to live on wings and pizza only! :)
Flashing back to the school year, T earned the most medals in his class....he was proud of himself...it was a good year!
Another team pic I really liked.
On memorial day, we went to the beach with some buddies...gorgeous day!
Gdad came to visit the second week of June and got to watch T play a bit of ball.
Father and his son
I sure love this dude and having him visit!
When Gdad was here, I came home from work one night and he and Dan and Taylor had been shopping for dinner. They insisted I do NOTHING but relax while they cooked an amazing steak dinner. They did not have to tell me twice. :)
Gdad and his boy
Of course we had to play silly games as usual...
Gdad was a good sport as always!
Oh and our other Gdad tradition...row oysters! YUMMO!
This game just never fails to crack me up. :)
Another happening is that American Ninja warrior is on TV again in the summer...so T's obsession is renewed. So we went to Home Depot to finally buy wood to build him a salmon ladder in the back yard.
Working hard...
Finished product....and still needs a bit of work. But at least he has stopped bugging me to build him a salmon ladder now!
Ahhhhh other summer plans...Taylor has convinced himself that he will be able to train our cat to use the toilet so we can get rid of the litter box. We bought this kit and start the training next week...should be pretty hilarious! Wish us luck! :)
So that is our catch-up...hopefully will be sooner than a month before my next post!








3 comments:
Well thanks for the catch up blog - I've missed them.
Taylor is doing so well with baseball. I'm really glad
that he did not give it up.
I'm impressed with the salmon ladder. I had never seen
one before. Does he climb it with that stick or do
chin ups?
How old is Zelda? Can you teach an old cat new tricks?
Happy Fourth of July !!!
ok, I love this whole post! However, the cat toilet training may be my favorite, please keep us posted! Love T's sweet texts to his Mama! Also, great job on the baseball effort, Taylor!
Wow on T with his own phone! I especially loved how you saved the texts :)
Post a Comment