Monday, February 1, 2016

January happenings....

I know it has been a while so let's look back on January...we kicked it off with a Mom and Sons Slumber Party the first weekend after the break. What says SLUMBER PARTY better than crazy wigs and Easy Cheese?!?!  :)

 
 While the moms played, the boys did a lot of this.  Xbox. 
 
And at least took one semi-goofy pic for us.

 
Went to Boing with our buddy Camillo the next day.

 
 The following weekend, T spent the night at a friend's house and Dan and I went out to my boss' house for a party. 
 This was T on the way home from his sleepover...

And this is where he landed immediately upon arrival at home.  I am pretty sure these boys try to stay up all  night at their sleepovers now. So they come home pretty exhausted!

 
 The next night was the last night of business at our favorite local Japanese place...
 So we took the boys for one last dinner and to say farewell to Shogun!
 
 On MLK day, it was chilly but we met a group of friends at our favorite park - the boys played football (of course) and fished a bit.
 
 A pic of T's first black eye...he got it in karate sparring with another kid who gave him an elbow to the face.
 
 This is a pic of our new closet doors, installed by yours truly.  Why new closet door?  Because T and his neighborhood crew broke my other one!!!  Just wanted to record for posterity,  :)
 
 More neighborhood football...this pretty much occurs in front of our house every weekend now.
 
 And we finally had some real cold here in O-town.  So mom made a fire and T enjoyed it...ok so did I!  :)
 
 And yet another trip to Boing!  This time with another bigger group of buddies...goofy kiddos!
 
Just bc this is a cool pic and big difference...check out the before and after pics of our roof after we had it pressure washed.  (soft-washed bc high pressure is bad for it)  Anyway we were all surprised to see our roof is apparently GREY. 
 
 Ah yes...again, recording for posterity. T was a JERK last week before school so I advised him at drop off that I would be officially on Mom Strike when he saw me next.  So true to my word, when he got home that afternoon, I presented him with the box above and walked away. :)  Let me tell you, the kid HATES mom strike!  He was begging me the end of the night to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE end the strike.  I felt he learned his lesson and I ended but the possibility of future Mom Strikes remains on the table!
 
 And because most of you know the struggles we have had with baseball and Taylor the last few months...I had to share some pics of his first baseball practice at his new League, Babe Ruth.
 
 He had some great hits and really fielded great out there.  I think maybe the break was good for him.
 
 His coach is also a 4th grade teacher at his school and all the kids love him.  He has them do conditioning at the end of each practice too - planks....
 
 ...and the dreaded BURPEES!  :)
 
Running the bases.  He is on the Braves team this season.  And truly, it relieved this mom's heart to see him out there again, enjoying baseball.  Here's to a great season!
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

great post sis! I love how awesome your roof looks! and I love that T is back at baseball, wish we could watch a game! (Maybe?) and poor little T with the shiner, but he looked kind of proud of it!

daddy said...

I agree with AW - he seemed proud of that black eye.
Your house looks great with the clean, grey roof.
Glad Taylor is back on the baseball diamond - he's
really pretty good, huh?
I've missed y'all's blogs ... AW?