Last week we headed north to meet Gdad and the rest of the Murphree/Young fam in Destin for a "vacation" at the beach....
On the way, we made our usual pit stop at Momo's Pizza in Tally and had lunch with our fam...Mimi and The Wheelers.
Emby and Wrenn...rockin' the house!
Another 2 1/2 hours in the car to get to Destin and our boy slept almost the whole way. Oh car napping child...how I love thee!
We arrived...to a gorgeous house and a balcony with a perfect view right on the best beaches in the world!
Gdad and his baby girl
Cousins
Had to kick off the vaca with a quick night swim on Day One, of course!
My view from the balcony every morning...sunrise and coffee. Can't beat it!
Then after coffee and bfast, my awesome and sister-in-law and I would make mimosas or bloody marys...
Then hit the beach and waves!
Sweetest teenage girl EVER and her Uncle Dan
Dan floating in some waves. Man, I love the gulf! So clear and gorgeous!!
Monday morning, Uncle Allen took the kids out on a charter boat to go fishing...they caught a grouper and some mango and white snapper.
Fun times!
T caught quite a few white snapper, I was told! They also caught a red snapper that they had to toss back because it was not in season....only to watch a dolphin gobble it up in the water as soon as they tossed it back! :) Oh Mother Nature, what a sense of humor!
Cooled off in the pool later that day with Daddy
Action shot of Daddy throwing Monkey Boy
Christopher's cannonball action shot
And T's mid-air action shot as well!
Oh and another! The boy has flair. :)
Uncle Allen cooked up the fresh-caught fish for all of us for dinner that night...yummy!!
Daddy and Gdad (as well as everyone else) spent lots of time relaxing on the balcony
Kevin and Pam joined us from Tennessee on Monday night so we got some good family pics...Gdad and his grandkids
Gord and his kids - good lookin' crew!
The whole fam - three generations
Gord and his three daughters/sons-in-law
Had to go sand crabbing that night on the beach...grabbed some flashlights and away we went!
The next morning, Aunt Krista who is a yogi, led Taylor and I in some VERY relaxing yoga on the balcony. I was shocked that T listened for the whole time and did every move with no talking or laughing.
I was shocked also at how relaxed I truly was afterward. Aunt Kris opens her new yoga studio this weekend in Bham and we know it will be a big success!
T and Daddy took some time to play chess....I think I heard they called it a draw after playing for over an hour and going back and forth with one king each.
That night, the kids went sand crabbing with Kevin and Pam and the other adults took the opportunity to play some Cards Against Humanity. Hilarious and certainly not child friendly or for anyone easily offended! :)
The next day, my lifelong buddy Gretch drove over and we played on the beach a few hours before heading over to Miramar Beach to see Ally and her family who were also there on vacation. It has been over EIGHT years since all three of us got together so these few hours were certainly special.
Old friends...best friends. Good lookin' mamas! :)
The last evening there Lindsey organized a family shoot at sunset on the beach...we were all told to put on whatever light or pastel colored clothes we had packed and to report to photographing! :)
We are ALL so seldom together so this really was a great opportunity
My silly boy wanted to get on my back for our pic with Gdad
Two of favorite fellas...so handsome!
Old married couple. :)

Mama and her boy
Gdad and his grandkids...Christopher, Lindsey, Taylor, Kylin and Marlee
Father and Son
Once the kids had suffered thru enough photo taking, they moved on to sunset football on the beach
My sister in law and I...I have said it before but truly, I hit the lottery in the In-Law department. They are the best!!
They even surprised me with a bday cake for my 40th...which is in 5 days. Gag. :)
Sweet Kylin insisted on taking this pic with me then he told me "that is your birthday present from me!" Lol! He is so animated and so so sweet and adorable!
The last day on the beach....so sad.....goodbye waves and sand and good food and fun family and relaxing...
OH NO, Vaca is over!! But we made great memories to get us through until our next one!


2 comments:
awesome pics sis! Looks like a fun and relaxing time!
Fantastic pics, MB! Looks like mucho funno. I know y'all ate well. Great to get all the cousins together - keep it up.
Post a Comment