Saturday, March 28, 2015

Field trip

So Wednesday, I was the lucky chaperone for Taylor's class field trip to our local gardens and butterfly encounter.
T was sweet and seemed happy that I was there so that is good.
Lots of pretty butterflies

And the kids got to see all the life stages...from tiny eggs on the leaves to caterpillar to pupa to butterfly! It was very educational too. Did you know that butterflies only live about two weeks? Did you know they taste they their feet? Did you know that butterfly caterpillars never sting but moth caterpillars can??

There were birds in the butterfly garden too...this one was two days old!
All the kids dipped their fingers in Gatorade and got to hold butterflies. Thy tickled!
That's a bunch of energy in one small swing!:)
We got to meet some funny polish chickens too.  Phyllis Diller anyone!!?? 
We also saw some cool plants like this cinnamon tree! The bark smelled just like cinnamon. Yummy!

Another cool plant....papyrus, the original paper the ancient Egyptians used!

All in all, a good day and experience!





2 comments:

Unknown said...

what a fun field trip! I don't even think I would be scared of a 2 day old little bird!

daddy said...

Very surprised that your "bug" phobia did not kick in ... good for you.
Looks like a fun day with the butterflys and the boys.