Monday, July 7, 2014

I've Got that Summertime, Summertime Madness...

 
ok not really madness, per se...but lots of crazy chaotic busy FUN!  (See pics above for evidence....a light saber duel ensued at a recent happy hour at our home...love it!)

On the 4th, we celebrated with some friends at the Oviedo Festival...

There were bouncehouses, food trucks, music, games, watermelon...

...and of course, big fireworks!!
 
Then Saturday, I went on a quick jaunt down to Miami to see my good friend Jodi and her sweet girls...only one night but we enjoyed every minute...we even made our own sushi. And look who helped - Snow White!!

delicious!

And I got some girly time which is nice every now and then for me since I live in a house filled with boys. Check out these two fabulous princesses!!  (man oh man, if I have not said it before - girls are sooooooo different than boys!!)
 
Kenzie is only 4 and so dang sweet and she cuddled up next to me on the sofa while Jodi and I were chatting non-stop and she just fell asleep - I made Jodi let her stay there for two hours bc I loved the snuggles so much!!

the next day, Jodes and I escaped for some delicious Mexican food and pedicures...a perfect 24-hour girl getaway!  And I heard the boys back in my homestead enjoyed themselves too...with lots of games, late-night movies, soccer, and indian food!

Of course when I returned home last night, I had to help my own kid make his own sushi too...yum!
 
All in all, a good summer so far...And T has been enjoying camp (as much as my homebody will ever enjoy any camp)....there have been foam parties and dance parties and mud kitchens and swimming and slip n slides and dress-up...even ROACH hats...yes, you read that right - they had a BUG week  -oh boy!  :)

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

looks like a fun weekend sis- LOVE the 4th of July and all of the fun (and food) that goes along with it!