Thursday, November 14, 2013

Weekend Tidbits...


This weekend we had my lifelong friend Gretchen and her sweet family come visit...Tman tried to teach Mitchell how to play Xbox...always a good influence, my boy. :)


We tried to convince the kids to snuggle in bed and watch a movie but alas, the pic above lasted about ten seconds!  They spent the rest of the night playing on the chin-up bar and playing with cars and board games while the adults watched football.
The next morning we walked down to our neighborhood lake and fed the ducks...such fun!  Loved getting to see them, even if only for a short time.

Sundays are the days that Taylor and Daddy have decided to make dinners on their own....they went thru our Kids Cookbook together and chose Margherita Pizza as their first dinner.  It was actually delicious!



The almost finished product...ready for the oven...YUM!

So my sweet hubby and I got to escape for an adults-only lunch too this weekend....we found a new restaurant in Winter Park and we loved it!  Check out their appetizer specialty - grilled artichokes - oh my deliciousness!

The view was pretty nice too....and no, I do not mean the wine - I mean the big lake!  :)

Dan was channeling his "Napa expression" by the end of the meal!

BEST key lime pie ever. PERIOD.
 
So that was our weekend...I also got to have a relaxing and fun picnic lunch with a good buddy - fabulous few days!

3 comments:

daddy said...

Beautiful setting and I'm very impressed with your photography.

Glad y'all got to spend some "grown up" time together.

I'd love to see Gretch sometime - sweet lady.

Ami said...

so many things- I'm so glad when I see that T actually wears H's hand-me-downs sometimes! Love that T and Dad made such a yummy dinner. The adult lunch and especially grilled artichokes sound awesome! Happy you got to visit with sweet Gretchen and her fam!

Alex said...

Love the "Napa Expression" on Dan...