Monday, August 26, 2013

Who Needs a Car?

So this weekend, in an effort to get some extra exercise, Tman and I decided we would ride our bikes to publix for our weekly grocery trip instead of driving the car....so the first pic shows T when we arrived at Publix.  My bike is behind his - notice the HAMPER I had bungee corded onto the back of my bike with the big hopes that I could fit all my groceries inside it for the ride back home.  We are still hopeful in this pic...as Dan was waiting  by the phone at home...maybe not AS hopeful - and thankfully more realistic. :) 



Now notice the pic below...this is us waiting behind Publix for Dan to arrive and get the groceries. :)  After $120 of groceries, there was just NO way they were fitting in that basket in any balanced way....and that meant it kept tipping over.  Still not wanting to admit defeat, there were some boy scouts who stopped and added duct tape to the basket in hopes it would create more stability.  Still no go.  By the time we had ridden 100 yards and were behind Publix on our route home, the hamper had tipped again and I called it a day.  Taylor and I DID finish our ride home at least while Daddy drove the groceries home so at least we got our exercise in!  :)  Looking back, pretty funny!  AND surprisingly, an experiment I may try again in the future...but with WAYYYYY fewer groceries! T was totally game and asked to do it again yesterday...

4 comments:

Ami said...

sis- this post totally cracked me up! Love the effort and optimism!

amiekay said...

I LOVE IT! I'm all for environmentalism!

daddy said...

There is a reason people drive cars ...duh! Maybe you need a motorcycle? With a sidecar? Or a trailer?

Ann said...

That is so cool!!